1. Who are the data controller and the data recipients of the personal information we collect about you?
TC Rent Ltd. Is a limited company with operating brand Touring Cars, which registered office is located at Unit 1109, 11/F, Kowloon Centre, 33 Ashley road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, and registered with company no. 2106721 (hereinafter referred to as "We" and “Touring Cars”). TC Rent Ltd is the data controller of the Personal information We collect about you on this website (the Website) and in our central sales office located in Finland (EU).
Such personal information is dedicated to TC Rent group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors and partners and will be collected, processed and stored in accordance with European (Finnish) Data Protection Law.
2. What type of personal information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide. This information is collected, notably when you:
- Register / Become a member to any of our Touring Cars programs
- Make an online reservation
- Enroll in our loyalty programme
- Subscribe to Touring Cars Newsletter / Email alerts
- Participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes
- Contact any Touring Cars location or sales office
- Use our online services
- Make a booking enquiry online
3. How do we use the data we collect - data transfer?
We collect and process your personal information in order to allow Touring Cars Group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors and partners to provide you with the services ordered and the benefits in kind to which you subscribed.
In particular, we may use the information to:
- Register you as a Touring Cars member and provide you with a Touring Cars ID
- Process your car rental and all associated services: Get a quote / make an on-line booking / modify or cancel existing reservation / manage your invoices...)
- Send email notifications for special promotions should you wish so
- Contact you by email about a booking you did not complete on making the booking
- Send you a summary or a voucher about a booking enquiry if you agree to provide your email address
- Manage your loyalty program
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
- Send you our Newsletter should you wish so
- Manage your participation to a sweepstake or a contest
- Contact you in order to participate in customer surveys in order to improve our services
4. Our partners and links to other websites
In addition to our direct franchisees, we have partnered with reputable third parties to offer you a variety of travel services. All travel services throughout our Website that are provided by a third-party partner are described as such. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than Touring Cars.
There are also several places throughout our Website that may link you to other websites that do not operate under Touring Cars information privacy practices. When you click through to these web sites, Touring Cars websites information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information.
Here are our partners:
- Liguski Oy
- Car Hotel OÛ
- TC Iceland eHf
- Park Caravan SLU
- TC Malmö
- Touring Cars Finland filial Ab
- Northern Miles As
- TC UK
- Visma Solutions
- Wheelsys Inc.
5. How we store & protect Personal Information - Data Security
We want our members and site visitors to feel confident about using our Website and making car rental reservations, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect.
The Touring Cars network is a safe and secure online environment. Our systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to a Touring Cars website over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Every credit card transaction you make at Touring Cars websites is done through our Secure Server Technology. This provides many security features, including:
Authentication: this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
Encryption: this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
Data Integrity: this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
6. How to access, update, correct or delete your Personal Information
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data we have about you is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that data.
Under the Finnish Data Protection Act, you have at any time a right to access, and oppose for legitimate reasons, the processing of your personal data as well as the right to update, correct or delete personal data collected by us that would be incomplete, inaccurate, outdated data, or those forbidden by law, by contacting our main office in your country of residence.
You will find the address of our headquarters in the contact section on our website. As an alternative, you may obtain the information by writing to our sales office at:
Touring Cars, Tiilenlyöjänkuja 6, 01720 Vantaa, Finland
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
7. How can I opt-in to receive promotional emails? - Our Opt-in Policy
As a Touring Cars client/loyalty program member, you may occasionally receive, via email, information about our Products and Services, updates to our Site, customized advertisements and promotions that are targeted to your specific interest, such as special deals, promotions, contests, sweepstakes and other travel opportunities available on Tourig Cars websites and/or sponsored by our travel service providers and advertisers. We send this information directly ourselves, or via third party service providers.
At any time, you may decide that you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional emails from us. In this case, you can unsubscribe in the newsletter you have received or sending us an email by firstname.lastname@example.org .
In addition, in our emails and other communications, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe.
We reserve the right to limit membership to those who will accept emails. Members will be notified via email prior to any actions taken.