Updated April 2022
Please note also, that the job applications submitted through our website are subject to the applicable laws relating the information provided by you. The same applies to the information exchanged under our limited website section open only to our contracting partners, such as franchisees.
1 OWNER OF THE DATA REGISTER AND THE DATA CONTROLLER
TC Rent Ltd. Is a limited company with operating brand ”Touring Cars”, which registered office is located at Unit 1109, 11/F, Kowloon Centre, 33 Ashley road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, and registered with company no. 2106721 ("we" or ”us” or “Touring Cars”).
TC Rent Ltd is the register owner and data controller of the Personal information. We collect your personal data on this website (”Website”) and in our central sales office located in Finland.
Name of register: Touring Cars Group Customer Register
Such personal information is dedicated to TC Rent group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors and partners and will be collected, processed and stored in accordance with European Data Protection Laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2 LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The legal basis applicable to the processing may be: agreement, legal obligation, legitimate interest of the controller and consent.
The legal obligation as a basis for processing is based on European Union law and applicable national law. A statutory obligation may relate to, for example, accounting.
When the legitimate interest of the controller is the basis for processing, the legitimate interests are to increase customer satisfaction and online platform experience, to enhance personalized communication, supporting direct marketing and the development, improvement and protection of Touring Cars' products and services, as well as other uses that are in accordance with Touring Cars` legitimate interest. You may at any time prohibit the processing of your personal information for direct marketing and profiling purposes. Please note, however, that this does not affect the number of advertisements displayed on Touring Cars' services, but that marketing is not targeted based on the information we collect from you.
3 WHAT DATA IS PROCESSED AND WHERE IS IT OBTAINED FROM
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. We may also receive data on you from third parties, for example from credit rating agencies and payment service providers.
This information is collected, notably when you:
- Register / Become a member to any of our Touring Cars programs
- Make an online reservation
- Enroll in our loyalty program
- Subscribe to Touring Cars Newsletter / Email alerts
- Participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes
- Contact any Touring Cars location or sales office
- Use our online services
- Make a booking inquiry online
- Download special marketing content (access with an email address)
- Respond to a customer survey or leave a public review on a company profile
The following basic personal data is collected:
- First and last name, language, and necessary contact information such as address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- Date of Birth and personal identification number in situations permitted by the Personal Data Act
- Invoicing data such as bank details
- Marketing authorizations and prohibitions
- Company name, business ID, and contact person
- Location of visitor’s IP address to improve personalized customer service online e.g. by showing on our website valid prices and additional services available only on a certain market geographically
Additionally, we may collect customer or business-related information such as:
- Various customer, transaction, order, and service information, such as product, purchase, price, financing, quotation, contract, delivery, warranty, invoicing, collection, satisfaction, complaint - and other necessary information
- Information on the use and transactions of communications and use of services and content on various services and channels, including the content produced by the customer and the messages sent by the customer (for example, chat history, web forms, e-mails, social media messages and text or WhatsApp messages, public review notes on company profiles).
- Necessary transaction, identification, and technical information such as browsing and search information, cookies, and other possible information provided by the customer himself
- Data from customer satisfaction surveys and feedback forms are also stored to improve customer service
- Additional information about your travel preferences and expectations to improve customized service and customer satisfaction provided by you online or collected at the rental station.
4 HOW AND WHY DO WE USE THE COLLECTED DATA
4.1 Purpose of processing
Touring Cars processes your data in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. Register owner/ data controller processes and uses personal data for customer relationship management, delivery of services and products, maintenance of services, personalized marketing communications, customer contacts, customer evaluations, remote selling, and compliance with legal requirements. In addition, the data can be used for statistical or optimization of business processes and needs-based design of our services, as well as for customer satisfaction and market research.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide (customer's consent) while interaction with Touring Cars through different service types or communication channels. We also receive data on you from third parties, for example, credit rating agencies and payment service providers. We collect and process your personal information in order to allow Touring Cars Group companies, their franchisees, sub-contractors, and partners to provide you with the services ordered and the benefits in kind to which you subscribed.
In particular, we may use the information to:
- Register you as a Touring Cars member and provide you with a Touring Cars ID
- Process your car rental and all associated services:
- - get a quote
- - make an online booking
- - modify or cancel the existing reservation
- - manage your invoices
- Send email notifications for special promotions or additional services should you wish to do so
- Contact you by email about a booking you did not complete on making the booking
- Send you a summary or a voucher about a booking inquiry if you agree to provide your email address
- Manage your loyalty program
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
- Send you our Newsletter should you wish so
- Manage your participation to a sweepstake or a contest
- Contact you in order to participate in customer surveys in order to improve our services
- Use your feedback comments to publish quality ratings and anonymized statements
4.2 Transfer of data to group companies or third parties
Touring Cars may share non-personal information (such as anonymous data about users; addresses of sites that redirect to services and addresses used to exit the service; use of service products; clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand certain content uses, services, promotions and and / or availability of services.
User information or anonymous information may be shared with advertisers, publishers, affiliates, and other third parties.
Third-party transfer may also include transfers to third parties who process your personal data as controllers in which case such controllers are responsible for the processing of your data and you are responsible for agreeing to their privacy notices. Touring Cars only transfers data controllership regarding certain data by virtue of your own consent or permission in relation to the applicable service or transaction.
4.3 Third-Party Services
Use of Google Analytics, Google Remarketing and Google Adwords: Google uses so-called cookies from your computer to analyze your arrival and the use on our website to provide generic behavior reports and to provide targeted advertising options for website owners to remind their visit and experience on our site. This website also uses the Google Tag Manager, however, no cookies are used and personal data will be used with this service.
Google Maps: By using map links on our website you declare that you agree with the site entry, data processing as well as the use of the automatically collected data as well as the data entered by you by Google, one of its representatives, or third party providers.
Use of Youtube: Our website uses functions of the YouTube site offered by Google. However, the YouTube server is not notified which of our pages you have visited.
Use of Facebook and Instagram: Our website uses functions of the Facebook and Instagram services. However, neither Facebook nor Instagram servers are notified which of our pages you have visited.
Use of Twitter: Our website uses functions of the Twitter services. However, the Twitter server is not notified which of our pages you have visited.
Use of LinkedIn: Our website uses functions of the LinkedIn services. However, the LinkedIn server is not notified which of our pages you have visited.
Use of WhatApp: Our customer service and 24/7 Road Service uses functions of the WhatsApp only to improve communication on arrival to destination and during a customer’s journey with our vehicle.
Liveagent.com chat: Touring Cars International Sales Office provides Live advice by Liveagent chat tool within the scope of our web presence. The data entered by you in the chat with our sales personnel (located in Finland) will remain with us until the purpose for the data storage ceases to exist, after completing your inquiry.
Contact form: You are able to send us a contact request with a written form on Touringcars. Details from that inquiry (such as subject, date, pick-up location, and flight details) including the contact data informed by you (first name, last name, address, phone number, and e-mail) will be stored in the communication register to process your inquiry or follow-up questions and transferred to Touring Cars Group Customer Register in connection with the service ordering process.
Newsletter subscription: Touring Cars Newsletter is sent only to rental customers after providing consent (while booking or providing us feedback after the journey) or subscribing to an inspirational newsletter on the Touring Cars site. Newsletters can be unsubscribed by the link on the newsletter or by contacting Touring Cars Sales Office by email: email@example.com.
Competitions / Special actions: On our site or by using third-party tools such as Zeffi you may have the possibility to take part in a competition related to an event within a certain time period or in a special competition for registered customers. With the competition registration, you provide us your e-mail address together with your first and last name, phone number, and address). The purpose of this data collection is to execute the competition, determine the winner, and send the prize. At the same time with the registration, you can give us a consent for newsletter subscription which will be used for marketing communication purposes.
Vouchers, gift cards, and Campaign Codes: We use the data submitted by you when ordering Touring Cars gift cards or occasion-related rental vouchers to check and process the order and to issue and redeem the voucher/gift card as well as prevent fraud attempts. We also register your use of any campaign codes that we may make available. For this purpose, we store the following data: date of issue, voucher value, voucher code, personalization data, name of voucher holder (for personal vouchers), time of voucher redemption, and name of the redeeming party.
E-commerce / Online booking engine: on Touringcars.eu you have the possibility to use an online booking engine. For this purpose, we collect basic data relating to the contract itself and your preferences and reviews that you have submitted, including personal, customer-relationship -related and payment data from you for contractual reasons.
Data transmissions (internal and group-wide): The data you provide us, will be stored in our centralized customer database in Finland. We transmit your data internally between our departments to fulfil our contractual or statutory obligations. Transmission or disclosure of your data shall be conducted only to the extent that is necessary for this purpose by complying with the relevant data protection regulations. Your data may also be forwarded within the group for the purpose of administration. If the processing of your data will take place outside of Europe, for example in Russia, China, or the United Kingdom, the transmission will take place by complying will all applicable data protection laws.
Data transmissions to third parties: We also transmit your data to certain third-party organizations to provide certain online services and additional products. Transmission to third parties may, if applicable, take place in order to fulfill our obligations such as with banks.
4.4 Data Transfers to other countries
Personal data may be transferred outside the European Union and the European Economic Area if the European Commission has taken a decision on the adequacy of the protection of personal data (the so-called “Adequacy Decision”, Article 45 of the Data Protection Regulation). The transfer of personal data outside the EU and the EEA can also be done using standard contractual clauses (“SCC” or “Standard Clauses”) approved by the Commission.
Our products and services can be provided using resources and servers located in different countries. Therefore, your personal information may also be disclosed outside the country where the services you use are located. However, Touring Cars always comply with either the Adequacy Decision or the Standard Clauses when making transfers to third countries.
5 HOW CAN YOU RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL EMAILS? (OPT-IN POLICY)
Touring Cars Newsletter is sent a maximum of once a month only for rental customers as part of the customer loyalty program after providing consent (while booking or providing us feedback after the journey) or inspirational newsletter subscribers on Touring Cars site or registered and consent-confirmed entrants alongside competition or special offers.
Touring Cars e-Newsletters deal with product/service updates, customized promotions with special deals, inspirational traveling content or other travel opportunities, and customer benefit available on Touring Cars websites and/or sponsored by our travel service providers and advertisers. Newsletters are sent by Touring Cars Group Admin team from Finland, via third-party service providers. At any time, you may decide that you do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional emails from us. In this case, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter you have received (on the footer element) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Touring Cars reserve the right to limit membership to those who will accept emails. Members will be notified via email prior to any actions taken.
6 OUR PARTNERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition to our direct franchisees, we have partnered with reputable third parties to offer you a variety of travel services. All travel services throughout our Website that are provided by third-party partners are described as such. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than Touring Cars.
Here are our third-party business partners:
- Hobby-Wohnwagenwerk, Ing. Harald Striewski GmbH
- Carado GmbH
- Bürstner GmbH & Co. KG
- Car Hotel Oü
- Erwin Hymer Group, Thor Industries
- Sun lIving Finland, KABE-ADRIA OY, Adria Mobil
- Heidenline OÜ
- Höldur Ehf
- TC Vehicle Oy
- TC Vehicle Oy Finland Filial
- Unique Creations International Oy
- NM Bobilutleie As
- Tellus Caravan & Fritid AS
- IP Migunov Maxim
- ES Hartley Ltd
- Visma Solutions
- Wheelsys Inc.
- Freshworks, Novellus Oy
- Vuolearning Oy
- Druid Oy
- Don & Branco
- Franpartner AB
- Crazy egg
- Cookiebot by Usercentrics
7 HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION (DATA SECURITY)
We want our site visitors and customers to feel confident about using our website and making motorhome or caravan rental online reservations, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. To protect your data managed by us against any manipulations, loss, destruction, or against access by unauthorized persons, we conduct several technical and organizational security measures. Our security measures are continuously improved alongside the current technological development.
The Touring Cars network is a safe and secure online environment. Our systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you send personal information to a Touring Cars website over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Every credit card transaction you make at Touring Cars websites is done through our Secure Server Technology. This provides many security features, including:
- Authentication: this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server and that the server is secure.
- Encryption: this encodes the data so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
- Data Integrity: this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
8 RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
The customer has the following legal data protection rights (GDPR) under the relevant legal conditions:
- Right to access information (Article 15),
- Right to deletion (Article 17)
- Right to correction (Article 16)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18)
- Right to data transfer (Article 20)
- Right to leave a complaint to a supervisory authority (Article 77)
- Right to withdraw a consent (Article 7) and
- Right to resist a particular data processing measures (Article 21 GDPR).
Contact information of Data Protection Ombudsman are available on www.tietosuoja.fi.
9 HOW TO ACCESS, UPDATE, CORRECT, OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data we have about you is as updated, accurate, and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that data.
Under the Finnish Data Protection Act, you have at any time a right to access and oppose for legitimate reasons, the processing of your personal data as well as the right to update, correct or delete personal data collected by us that would be incomplete, inaccurate, outdated data, or those forbidden by law, by contacting our main office in your country of residence.
Several data processing activities and online service functions are based on your explicit consent. However, you have the right and possibility to check the data and revoke an already granted consent whenever needed. For this purpose, we kindly ask you to send us an informal, written notification to email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We will principally store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the purpose, especially to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations in order to provide our standard, additional and customized services. We may also store your personal data for other purposes if or as long as the law allows us to store it for particular purposes, including for defense against legal claims.
If you close your customer account, we will remove all the data we have stored regarding you. If it is not possible or necessary to completely delete your data for legal reasons, the relevant data will be blocked for further processing.
You can visit Touring Cars website without providing personal details. However, we automatically store access and use-related data each time the website is entered (cookies) to fine-tune our website for the optimal service experience and to enable certain functions. The following data will be stored by standard internet technology: the name of your internet service provider, the used operating system, the IP address of the used computer, sub-pages you visited with us, the date and the duration of your visit, the channel through which the service is accessed (web browser, mobile browser, application), geographical location data, clicks, scrolling, and mouse movements.
The data is used only for service evaluation to improve our offer, not to analyze individuals visited on our website. The legal basis for the processing of the data is GDPR Article 6 Paragraph 1.
Touring Cars process and use the cookies data for the following purposes:
- Provision of online services
- Improvement of our website and booking engine
- Prevention and recognition of potential malfunctions, errors, or misuse on our website.
Consent is given on the website (Cookiebot by Usercentrics)
- Necessary data: to improve the usage of web site
- Interest areas: to improve visitors' user experience
- Statistics: to collect visitor behavior data to improve visitors' user experience
- Marketing: to show more targeted data for visitors
- Unclassified data: to improve data collection mentioned above
The responsible data controller organization for Touring Cars Group Customer Register:
Touring Cars / TC Vehicle Oy
01720 Vantaa, Finland